Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions?

So, how many of you have made your New Year's Resolutions?
Well, just in case you need a little push...I am here to remind everyone that there is no better time than the present.
I started Weight Watchers in May of 2008. At my last weigh in on December 17th I had lost 32.8 lbs. It has been a while since I weighed in due to the Holidays...well today is the day. After work I am going to run an do some cardio at the Health Zone gym accross the street from my building. Then it's off to a 6pm weight watchers meeting. Wish me luck! I know I have lost some weight since December 17th, it may not be much but as long as it is in the right direciton, I will be happy.
If anyone is needing information on how Weight Watchers works please don't be afraid to ask. I go to the meeting place in Broken Arrow at 81st & Aspen. They have meetings different times all week long. I don't always go to the same meeting so just call if you want me to go with you. You can go online at http://www.weightwatchers.com/ to find a meeting near you. There are several plans but essentially for the best price and deal it's $39.95 per month per person. There are additional books and tools to help you but you don't have to have them if you use the online tools to look up points. A few pointers I found useful...definitly buy a digital food scale. They sell them at the weight watchers offices but you can find them cheaper at Target, Walmart, etc. Also make sure you have plenty of measuring tools. I have 3 sets of measuring cups and 2 sets of measuring spoons. Very useful tools to have around and not have to waste time digging through your kitchen drawers. There are several keys to this program and measuring and accuracy are one of them. Trust me you don't want to short yourself any food that you might get to eat. And you won't do any good eating too much either.
The best part about weight watchers is that you get to eat real food. You don't eat those packaged dry foods that say just add water and heat to eat. GROSS! Of course there are the Smart One meals you can find next to the Lean Cuisines in the frozen foods section at your grocery store. Ok so they are not all that great but try each one at least once. There are a few that are my absolute faves and I eat them all the time.
Four words: Weight Watchers Fudge Bar!!
And they are only 1 Point each!!!!
When I started this journey it wasn't like I didn't know how to eat healthy or how to work out, I was an athletic trainer in high school for pete's sake. I know what is good and bad for your body. Not to mention that my sister and I once went to a dietician. Trust me we know what you should and shouldn't eat. It's the motivation, the accountability, the simplicity that has help make me successful. And I am not done yet. My goal is to lose 60lbs! And sure I have fallen off the wagon a few times, but now I know I can get back on.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well you have inspired me to join the weight loss revolution!!! That and the fact that I've jumped two dress sizes and am possibly on the verge of going up one more. I started Sunday and I am doing the online thing since it is hard to get to meetings with Lex. Any hints or tidbits or recipes you can throw my way will be greatly appreciated!!! I am so very proud of you and hope that I can do the same!!!! My goal...get back into my size 4!!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh and yeah those fugde bars are amazing!!! Bought those along with almost $200 worth of healthy foods the other day!!!

Chrissy said...

Oh yeah, healthy food does cost more. But it's the price we pay for letting ourselves gain weight. At least that's the way I see it. You have to pay to get out of a bad situation and this one just so happens to have a financial cost to it. Well if you think about going to a meeting Sharon and I are going to go on Tuesdays at 6pm. We are going to try to keep that pretty regular. I will answer any questions you have and help you with anything you need.

Stephanie said...

Unfortunately that is the night Lexi has basketball practice so I can't go with you guys.