Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dr. Visit Update

Yay!! My doctor took me off of 2 meds. No more lisinopril for blood pressure and no more low dose aspirin. The other good news is that I will stop taking the Zocor for cholesterol on June 1st. Not to mention that I won't have to have anymore blood work for at least a year. I have to ellaborate on this a little. Being almost 30 and knowing more about my blood work than most people at my age do...wow this will be a change. I usually get blood work every 3-4 months. This is another thing I won't have to miss. Now if we can just figure out what the deal is with my allergies then I would be set.
This morining when I was gently waking from my nights rest...Michael saw a cat on TV. And of course he said "oh, Kota!...Let's go get a cat!" WTF!! Does he not realize that cats are smarter than most humans give them credit for...no matter what cat we get they will all know that I am allergic and they will lay on my side of the bed right by my pillow so that when I get in bed at night I am miserable. So of course I said "a hairless cat!" I don't think he thought that was funny. But I sure did.
Hope all is well with everyone else. Keep posted to mid week to see what my new weight loss is going to be. I bet it will be a good number...I just have a feeling!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Tell Mikey that he can have Dixie!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news about the meds. And, as you said, if they could just fix the allergy issue all would be well with the world. Almost. Mikey still doesn't have his cat:(
Love, Ro

Anonymous said...

Kota misses her Mikey really, really bad! Please let him know he can get another cat, but it will never ever be a Kota Kitty. There is only one! I am so excited to hear your great news about the reduction in your meds! That is a tremendous success! Congrats! Love, Mom