Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Slight Set Back...(Some content may not be suitable for blogging....individual discretion is advised)

So, Monday, October 6th I had an appointment with a Gastroenterologist. Something I had been putting off for way too long. I will have a colonoscopy on October 20th. It has to be at least 10 days from yesterday because I have an infection they have to clear up before they scope.

Here's where it gets depressing for me...I cannot stick to my Weight Watchers regimine (I don't call it a diet)...because it is a High Fiber Nutrition Plan and that can cause a problem with my infection that noone would want to happen....What does this mean? In the doctors words she wants me to have a Junk Food diet for 2 weeks. This is when I lost it. I looked at her and said there was no way I was going to do that. I instantly started thinking about real "Junk Food". What she really meant to say was I don't want you to eat anything with High Fiber. How does one assume that a Low Fiber diet = "Junk Food" is besides me. When I think of Junk Food I think of drive thrus at least 2 times a day and that just scared the bajeebies out of me.

So once I got past the Junk Food comment I realized that I can probably maintain my weight for the next 2 weeks but there probably won't be a major loss like the past few weeks. I can still follow the Satisfaction guideline so that I don't overeat, I can still have vegetables they just have to be cooked so they are soft, the weirdest thing is I have to eat white bread...I didn't even eat white bread before I went on Weight Watchers...

This too shall pass and I can overcome all things through the power of GOD.

Please pray for my body to heal.

Thank you,
Chrissy

4 comments:

Kat said...

Boo. This will pass...and you'll come from it realizing you can do ANYTHING. I'm so proud of you and love reading up on how well you're doing :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, this too will pass. You have done so awesome on WW - I have no doubt that you will maintain, maybe even lose a couple of pounds, while healing your body. I am so proud of you. Love, Ro

Anonymous said...

I almost cried when Mom told me about this. I just imagine how you must've felt. So glad you are having a positive attitude, b/c like you said the Weight Watchers is not a diet. It's a lifestyle. So 2 weeks won't postpone the rest of your weight loss after those 2 weeks and the new lessons you've learned about food. Hang in there! Love you!!
-Missy

Jacolyn said...

Oh Chrissy! I'm so sorry. You have been doing a great job so don't let this get you too down.