Friday, April 3, 2009

Motivation Friday!

Let's get a little reader involvement going on here, comment me on this post to suggest next weeks topic for Motivation Friday.

In honor of the Cattle Baron's Ball Jen and I are attending tonight at Cain's Ballroom a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, I have chosen the Motivation topic as Charity.

Charity
If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?
-Rabbi Hillel
The life of man consists not seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
He who wished to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.
-Confucius
Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.
-St. Francis of Assisi
Every good act is charity. A man's ture wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows.
-Moliere
True charity is the desire to be useful to others without thought of recompense.
-Emanual Swedenborg

No comments: