I started Weight Watchers! I will keep everyone posted on my weekly progress. I have to loose 24 pounds to reach my 10% goal. So here it goes...stay tuned to next weeks report.
In the mean time check out this quick Pita Pizza Recipe.
Pita Pizza- 7 Points
Top a large whole wheat pita with 1/4 cup bottled spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella and 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes.
I used fat free cheese and it wasn't that bad. It didn't look as melted as other cheeses would but it tasted the same.
I have had a hard time eating my amount of points daily. I have to eat 30 points a day. I have shorted myself several days. I have to get used to eating more frequent smaller meals and they say the first week is the hardest. I am actually looking forward to getting on the scale next Tuesday to see if I have made any progress. The next part is incorporating at least 30 minutes of exercise per day. They say that this will increase my appetite and I won't have a problem eating the 30 points. It's easy to eat 30 points of junk food but much harder to fill it will nothing but healthy food. Not to mention that healthy food is more expensive at the grocery store. Luckily this will mean less eating out so it should even out. Oh, just in case you are wandering I can only have 1 alcoholic drink per day and you cannot pile them up for one day and each 1.5 fl ounces of liquor is 2 points. That doesn't leave much room for a mixer in points. So, you will have to bare with me and see less of me in the social environment of the bars and parties. It's all worth it in the end to me. My goal is to loose 60 lbs and get off of my cholesterol, asthma, and blood pressure meds. I can't wait to go to my doctor in October and tell her all of this! She will be floored to know that I am finally doing something about what I eat. So if anyone ever wants to go for a walk, just call me!
17 years ago



1 comment:
You go girl! It will be worth it. Pita Pizza sounds good. Love, Rolanda
Post a Comment